March 10, 2017
To All NGJA Members,
With the completion of Winter Cup and the Black Jack invitational this past weekend, here is an update on
several initiatives in the NGJA through February, 2017:
- The 2017 judging season – there are only 4-6 weeks remaining in this year’s judging season and I’m sure
everyone has been busy with JO and NCAA competitions. As each competition gets more important as
we get near state, regional and conference championships, I encourage everyone to review your rules
diligently and be as prepared as possible for your judging assignments!
- New Evaluated Routines on NGJA.org for Education – 6 routines have been posted at NGJA.org for you
to judge and compare your scores to our current NALs (JO, NCAA, USAG) using the FIG rules. This is a
great way for you to practice judge and ensure you are applying the new rules appropriately. New
routines will be added regularly. Go to the bottom of the NGJA home page and click on the link.
- New NGJA Directory now at NGJA.org – Fall courses are completed and the new NGJA membership
directory is now available.
- NCAA Initiative – I’ll update further in the April update.
- FIG Brevet Certification Courses – Congratulations to the 45 judges who have successfully passed their
courses so far in Toronto, Tokyo, Australia and Columbia.
- FIG Brevet Course in the USA – There will be a FIG course held in the US from June 7-11. You must act
now if you are interested in taking this course. Please contact Lisa Mendel at the USAG office.
I hope you have a successful 2017!