2016 Optional Gym-Duel (Routines for Practice)
Welcome to week 2 of the JO Compulsory Gym-Duel!!!
This week we will evaluate level 9 routines on each event. When you click on the links, you will connect to YouTube and see
the routine. The routines are not high level routines and can be a little rough. Also, these routines are in gym settings so
you may see the gymnasts in workout clothes (do not deduct for this).
Please keep in mind the following information:
Level 9 – Week Two
9 H.Bar(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdILgzwRfo
9 P.Bars(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9qDd1LtvI
Level 9 Pommels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKE-wQ5JlgE
Level 9 Rings Cobb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iuttmt6UeI
Welcome to Week 1 of the 2016 JO Optional Gym-Duel!!!
Week 1 Routine Analysis at this link - As you review the routines and the evaluations, please keep in mind the evaluations are designed to help “guide” you toward a proper score range and evaluation of each routine.
When you click on the links, you will connect to YouTube and see the routine. The routines are not high level routines and
can be a little rough. Also, these routines are in gym settings so you may see the gymnasts in workout clothes (do not
deduct for this). Please keep in mind the following information:
Week 1 Level 8 – in some cases there are 2 routines per event
Remember, you can do this by yourself, work in a group or consult with judges or coaches. Have fun!!!
Level 8 FX (1) https://youtu.be/4B3eKwTPAP8
Level 8 Pommeless (2) https://youtu.be/cDKQCYp7dx0
Level 8 Pommeless https://youtu.be/Q1P5LF8rm14
Join the 2016 Judges Optional “GYM-DUEL”
Beginning Monday, November 14th, all NGJA judges are invited to participate in the 2016 Optional “GYM-DUEL”! There are no fees or outside commitments, only a little of your time each week is required to prepare for the upcoming compulsory and optional season. Here are the details:
Purpose: The judge’s “GYM-DUEL” is designed to help you prepare for your JO Optional judging certification course and subsequently the 2016 – 2017 boys’ gymnastics judging season.
How does it work?
1. Every Monday an email will be sent to all current NGJA judges announcing the posting of the routine links at NGJA.org with basic instructions
2. Each week a different level of routines will be posted at NGJA.org (week 1 – level 8, week 2 – level 9, week 3 – level 10).
3. You simply go to the NGJA.org home page, click on the JO Optional “GYM-DUEL” and then each event link (link will take you to YouTube) and judge the routine. You can review the routine as many times as you wish and you can refer to your new 2017 – 2020 JO rules and updates.
4. You can work by yourself, in a team, or discuss the routine with other judges or coaches if you like. You judge the routines, record your Start Value (including Bonus) and total Execution deductions for each routine. You have the week to review any rules or updates to help you arrive at your “best scores”.
5. Since this is NOT a contest, you do not have to submit any scores!
6. On Monday of the following week, the routine evaluations will be posted at NGJA.org so you can compare your scores and determine how accurately you evaluated the routine. This is an outstanding way to learn the new rules, the latest interpretations and practice judge with real routines.
7. The entire process will repeat itself again each week. Every Wednesday a new set of routines for a different compulsory level will be posted and the following Tuesday you will find the evaluations.
There are no other rules. You can work independently or consult with other coaches or judges! Your participation can only help you better prepare for both your certification course and the upcoming season. The Judges “GYM-DUEL” can only help improve your knowledge and make you a better judge.
When does the Judges “GYM-DUEL” begin? Monday, November 14
I hope everyone who receives this email decides to participate and I look forward to speaking with many of you regarding the routines and the scores!!!
Good Luck and have fun!!!